Prashar Lake Trek - One of the most beautiful weekend treks in Mandi(Rs. 1599.00 Per Person, Group Size: Min. 10 Persons, **Not Include Transport and 01 Breakfast)
(Rs. 2450.00 Per Person, Group Size: Min. 10 Persons, **Full Package)
For Enquiry Call @ 7807017563
It lies at 2743 metres above sea level and it is 50 kms from Mandi town. This lake is situated on the cup like valley. A temple of great scenic beauty is also there. The pagoda like three storeyed temple and its surroundings make a great impression on the beholders. No other temple in the Western Himalayas can rival the grandeur of the setting of Prasher Rishi. A fair is held here in the month of June every year, where people gather from all neighbouring villages. This lake is fed by small mountains streams. High mountains of middle Himalayas surround this lake.
The Prashar Lake trek is fit for individuals of all interest- and expertise levels. Sounds exciting, doesn't it?! With views fit for a king, the trail, leading to the lake region i.e. from the city of Mandi to the little village of Baggi, become private and exclusive to every group that visits. It is of prime importance to remain hydrated and careful during every part of the journey owing to unpredictable, slippery paths and the formation of ice on the surfaces. The setting of the campsite in Prashar Lake location is yet another pleasant surprise because of its closeness to the water and its harmony with nature.
- Activities: Trekking, Camping
- Duration: 1 Night & 2 Days
- Maximum Altitude: 8,956ft
- Prashar Lake Temperature Range: -9 to 23 Degrees
Day 1 - Arrival at Mandi and start journey to Prashar.
- You will be driven for around 26 kms to the scenic Baggi village and having breakfst; arriving in the village now your trek start to Prashar Lake, enjoy packed lunch and get energised. Post this, begin with the trek to the Prashar Lake. Ascend and descend through the easy, yet captivating trails for around 4-5 hours till you reach the lakeside.
- Once beside the lake, settle down into the camps beside it and enjoy the evening with an engrossing campfire followed by tea, snacks, dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2 - Sightseeing in Prashar Lake, Departure from Mandi
- Sightseeing of Prasher Rishi Temple and Prashar Lake.
- After a delicious breakfast, you will have the opportunity to explore the immaculate surroundings and the stunning landscapes of the Prashar Lake on a guided tour. Visit a nearby temple and start descending towards Baggi; be careful while trekking downwards as the trails might be slippery.
- Arriving in Baggi, take a drive to Mandi, where you will be relaxing for the day and mark the end of this Prashar Lake trekking tour.
- Tour guide, cook, porter and horses within the tour
- Sleeping bags, mats and tents
- Camp ground, Camping (permissions and bookings)
- Meals - 2 Breakfast, 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner
- First aid kit
- Mineral Water
- Bluetooth Music System
The trek is meant for
The Parashar Lake trek makes for a great family group tour trek. For those interested in architecture, the local temple of Prashar Rishi next to the lake, with its riveting Himachali architecture designs, blends perfectly with the landscape.
How difficult is the trek?
The Prashar lake trek is an easy one. The lake is located at a comfortable altitude of just over 8,956ft. If you go in the months of April and May, the trail will have snow patches. This may make the trek slightly difficult. The trail has good road connectivity with cities like Delhi, Chandigarh etc.
How to prepare for the trek?
On the Prashar lake trek a lot of altitude is gained in just two days. This can make the trek quite demanding, so you need to be really fit for the trek. Though, it’s just a two day trek, you need to carry things depending on the season you go in. If you are going early in the year, sunglasses are mandatory to prevent snow blindness.